Research is one of the significant functions of a well-performing higher educational institution (HEI), the other two being instruction and community extension. Consequently, research has been given a crucial weight in the Colegio’s accreditation. Coherent with the Colegio’s mission of quality formation of integral human persons in the noble tradition of excellence; LETRAN is dynamic in the continual faculty and student development program on research capability building.
Science, Engineering and Information Technology
Communication and Media Studies
Business and Consumer Research
Society, Culture, Religion and Human Behavior
Community and Extension Service
Gender Responsive Research
Instruction to the Author
Likha is an annual scholarly journal of the Colegio de San Juan de Letran- Bataan published in February. It seeks to provide a platform for original, peer-reviewed academic and scholarly articles which is multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary in scope. It welcomes theoretical, conceptual, and empirical papers, reviews and meta-analysis that combine a wide range of quantitative and qualitative approaches to research. Likha is a refereed journal; however, the opinion and accuracy of information in the published articles are the responsibility of the authors and not of the editorial staff
1. Research articles (6,000 words), research notes (2,500 words), and book reviews (1,500 words) are accepted for publication.
2. Manuscripts should be submitted in electronic form, MS-Word format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Manuscripts submitted to Likha should be original and has not been published previously. It should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere, and that if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the publisher. A “Letter of Agreement” shall be signed by the contributor to this effect.
1. Manuscripts must contain an abstract (150-200 words) including 2-6 keywords.
2. Manuscripts should be in accordance with the following format:
Title Page: The title page should contain the name of author or authors, professional title, institutional affiliation, present position, mailing address, electronic mailing address, electronic mailing address, telephone number and fax number (if available). Please see attached guide for more information.
Main Document: The main document should contain the title of the paper, abstract, introduction, theoretical background, method, results, discussion, conclusion, and references. It should be divided into main headings and subheadings. Main headings should be bold, and subheadings should be italicized.
Tables and Figures: Tables and figures should be clearly labeled in the format and style described in the American Psychological Association (APA) Publication Style (6th edition) and suitable for direct reproduction. Good quality printouts of all illustrations on white paper produced in black ink are required.
References: References should likewise follow the format and style described in APA (6th edition).
Acknowledgement, Copyright, and Author’s Name: Authors are responsible for obtaining permissions from copyright holders for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures of lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere. Author’s name should not appear anywhere except on the cover page or title page of the manuscripts to preserve anonymity during the blind review process. Acknowledgement of people, grants, funds, etc. should be placed in a separate section before the References.
1. Likha is employing a double-blind peer reviewing process done by the Editorial Board or any academic that has an expertise on the subject matter of the article.
2. A publication evaluation tool is used to grade the paper based on the following merits:
• Introduction- Research objective/s were conceptually and operationally defined, comprehensively developed from previous researches and are well argued.
• Appropriateness of Research Methodology- The research design, data gathering techniques, and data analysis used were appropriate for the research problem(s).
• Results and Discussion- Results were presented per statement of the problem, are well articulated, and were discussed with supporting review of related literature.
• Clarity and Organization of Material- Development of ideas from introduction to discussion was clear and precise, grammatically sound, effectively transitioned per variable.
• Documentation: Variety and Credibility- Review of related literature is up to date and id referenced according to APA standards.
• Contribution to Research- The research is an original contribution to the body of knowledge.
Authors will be asked, upon acceptance of an article, to sign the “Transfer of Copyright” agreement before the article can be published. This agreement is to ensure the widest possible dissemination of information under copyright laws.
1. Policies against plagiarism are strictly being enforced in this journal. Those who will be proven guilty of such will be disqualified from submitting and publication in Likha.
2. Confidentially of the submissions is practiced by the journal. Aside from the Editorial Board and the reviewers, nobody is allowed to read the submitted manuscripts
Instruction to the Author
Linang is an annual scholarly refereed journal of Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Bataan. As a multidisciplinary research journal, it welcomes researches from the junior high school, senior high school and undergraduate students of the Colegio.
1. The editor screens the submitted manuscripts and selects those deemed suitable for peer reviewing. Selected articles then undergo a rigorous double-blind refereeing.
2. Once accepted, a Student Publication Copyright Agreement (Form SR18) will have to be sought from the student researchers and their research adviser.
3. Attached with the letter of acceptance are the comments and suggestions from the members of the editorial board. Revisions should be in incorporated and returned to the Center within 2 weeks.
4. The editor makes the final decision on the publication of the revised articles.
Note: Kindly refer to the Charter of Student Research Services found in the Appendices for a clearer explanation of these procedures.
|ANALYSIS OF THE LANCE FEATURE ARTICLES: A DIACHRONIC STUDY||Regina Grace A. Mendoza, LPT, MAED||Transformative Education|
|SYMBOLIC INTERACTIONISM APPROACH: ON THE ROLE OF PILGRIMAGE CHURCHES IN BATAAN||Lourdes D. Artuz , LPT, MAED||Society, Culture, Religion and Human Behavior|
|GRADUATENESS AND EMPLOYABILITY: A TRACER STUDY OF THE GRADUATES OF COLEGIO DE SAN JUAN DE LETRAN-BATAAN FROM ACADEMIC YEAR 2010-2015||Jayson Nicholas R. Viray MA COMM,
Edessa G. Flordeliz, PhD
|GPS-GSM-BASED COMMUTER RIDE SERVICE APPLICATION SYSTEM||Alvin T. Dela Peña, MEng’g, LPT||Science, Engineering and Information Technology|
|IMPROVING THE ACCURACY OF LIQUID MEDICATION DOSE MEASUREMENT USING ALTERNATIVE DOSING DEVICES IN A SELECTED BARANGAY IN PAMPANGA: A BASIS FOR AN INTERVENTION||Pauline Lyzell G. Francisco, RPh, MSHSA||Business and Consumer Research|
|NARRATIVES ON THE COMMON LANGUAGE LEARNING STRUGGLES OF SELECTED STUDENTS OF LETRAN BATAAN AMID FLEXIBLE TEACHING MODALITY||Mr. Christian P. Navos, LPT||Communication and Media Studies|
|SCHOOL COUNSELORS COPING STRATEGIES AND LEVEL OF SELF-CARE IN RELATION TO THEIR LEVEL OF BURNOUT||Charizza Paul E. Romanes, RPm, MAED||Society, Culture, Religion and Human Behavior|
|LEARNERS’ COMPUTER SKILLS THROUGH GOOGLE CLASSROOM||Anabel G. Lim, MAEd.M||Communication and Media Studies|
|The Assessment of Challenges Experienced by Small Service Enterprises in Abucay, Bataan||Diana Grace G. Rodrigo
Kirndeep K. Brar
Alexandrae N. Quicho
Angelica Faith P. Vinzon
Assoc. Prof. Edessa Flordeliz, PhD
|Adaptable Armchair||Jon Elson G. Datu
Alecxeus Aubrei M. Santiago
Engr. Hazel F. Nisay
|Reality Check: Expectations Versus Experience of the High School Students in Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Bataan’s Service Quality||Carlo Miguel W. Cortez
Christian L. Cruz
Angelique M. Roncal
Jeannah Drei V. Dela Fuente
Asst. Prof. Marvin Ibabao
|Total Quality Management|
|The Perception of Grade 12 Students on the Use of Public Transport and School Service||Charles S. Agunoy
Ann Jenireene D. Gomez
Nathalie Karen F. Layson
Aleeza Julia A. Paras
Mr. Christian Navos
|Android Based Smart Parking System in Preparation to Narrowband Internet-of–Things Technology||Jose Carlo Ferol
Carl Justine P. Enriquez
Sheena Mae B. Morano
Engr. Hazel F. Nisay
|The Food Consumption of Generation Z in Colegio de San Juan de Letran: A Basis for Marketing Programs||Daniela Mary Dasmarinas
Abigail Ryan Palisoc
Vince Arthur Reyes
Patrisha Carmel Roman
Mr. Franz Jude Abelgas
|PLANT GARDENING AND MENTAL HEALTH DURING COVID-19: A CORRELATIONAL STUDY||Trisha Mae Lazaro
Diana B. Simbul, LPT
|ASSESSING CONDUCT OF ONLINE LEARNING OF SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF COLEGIO DE SAN JUAN DE LETRAN-BATAAN||Christianne Lei B. Trabado
John Raymond D. Camacho
Enrique III V. Corpuz
Edessa Flordeliz, PhD
|EXAMINING THE ROLE OF HOBBIES IN REDUCING ACADEMIC BURNOUT OF THE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL STEM (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, AND MATHEMATICS||Ronn Ezekiel A. Arangel
Jake Aldrin G. Celeste
Victoria Nicole C. Quindoy
Heiven M. Sorian
Jeffrey C. Cabal, MAEd, RPm, LPT
|Society, Culture, Religion and Human Behavior|
|A PHENOMENOLOGICAL STUDY ON HOW SOCIAL MEDIA SHAPES THE FEARS OF SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ON CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)||Raniella Maxine S. Nuñez
John Lloyd H. Catolico
Emmanuel Dizon Pizarro
Marc Daniel S. Soriano
Francis Blanco, LPT
|Communication and Media Studies|
Letran Planning Office
Research and Publication Department