Letran Bataan Research Office (LBRO)
Bataan Research Office (LBRO) was established in Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Bataan during the first semester of SY 2010-2011 to build a research culture in the college as approved by Rev. Fr. Tamerlane Lana, O.P., the rector and president of the college, through the initiative of Dr. Lucita Ablaza-Villegas, the College Dean during that time.
Colegio’s Research Directive
Research is one of the significant functions of a well-performing higher educational institution (HEI), the other two being instruction and community extension. Consequently, research has been given a crucial weight in the Colegio’s accreditation.
Coherent with the Colegio’s mission of quality formation of integral human persons in the noble tradition of excellence; LETRAN is dynamic in the continual faculty and student development program on research capability building.
LBRO envisions a research -oriented college, promoting programs that will serve the needs of Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Bataan in generating research-based knowledge necessary to pro-actively respond to the needs of the dynamic milieu of the institutional, regional, national, and global academic environments, imbued with the social commitment of improving and fostering human and community potentials.
LBRO is committed to the Dominican spirit of education and research development imbued with three pillars (Quality instruction, Research and Extension) of higher education by:
• Institutionalizing mindset essential in developing research driven culture in collaborative partnership with the faculty, staff, and students.
• Providing relevant researches that enhanced academic, human and physical resources towards building a strong research community.
• To develop and sustain a dynamic research culture in the Colegio among the faculty members and students.
• To extend research interests among students by facilitating and supervising the development of their thesis through research programs in the curriculum.
• To encourage enthusiasm and participation of faculty in research and related activities by supporting research undertakings of every academic discipline to sustain research climate in terms of available resources or collaborative efforts
• To organize research forum such as colloquia and conferences intended for the presentation, discourse and critiquing of student and faculty researches.
• To establish publication avenues to disseminate and document researches which maybe literary, multidisciplinary, inter-collegial or international